Child Custody Modification Attorney
Child custody is a sensitive issue. What may have initially seemed like a good plan, that worked out well for both parents, doesn't always work for both parties when circumstances change. With the help of a child custody modification attorney in Vancouver, WA, your child custody case doesn't have to be set in stone. Robert Vukanovich Attorney at Law has more than 30 years successfully helping parents to modify their child custody agreement. Though child custody modification is easiest when both parties are in agreement, they don't always see eye to eye. That's when a child custody modification attorney in Vancouver, WA is needed most.
Your Child Custody Modification Lawyer
There are often circumstances that necessitate a modification. As your child custody modification attorney in Vancouver, WA, we'll help you to get the results you want. Going into a modification hearing prepared is essential, and without a good reason and appropriate documentation, a ruling in your favor isn't likely. We know exactly what information the courts need in order to reach a just, and favorable ruling. A child custody arrangement modification is most likely when:
- It is in the best interest - There has to be a compelling reason for the courts to change a child custody agreement. Any change must be in the best interest of the child, and if both parties appear to be successfully managing with the current agreement, a change is not likely. The courts do not want to disrupt a good environment for the child, so the child's well being must be at the forefront of any change.
- Child is in danger - If the child is in immediate danger while living in their current household, the courts may decide a child custody modification by an attorney in Vancouver, WA is in the best interest of the child. They will look at whether there are occurrences of domestic violence, the immediacy of the danger to the child, and whether the child wants to remain in the home.
- Relocation - If a relocation of one of the parents affects the visitation schedule, the courts take a number of factors into consideration. As your child custody modification attorney in Vancouver, WA we can help represent you whether you are the relocating parent or not. Courts look at the motivations of relocating parents, the relocation's effect on the visitation schedule, whether both parties have figured out how to rework visitation, and the effect it will have on the child.
- Visitation Schedule Non-Compliance - Courts base visitation schedules on what is best for both the parents and the child. When one party doesn't comply with the schedule, courts will often consider a child custody modification in Vancouver, WA. They'll look at the current agreement, reasons the parent supplies for not cooperating with the schedule, and how well the parents communicate. Whether you're fighting to keep a current schedule or change one, we can help.
- Parental Death - In the event that a custodial parent passes, custody can go to a non-custodial parent. Though courts prefer to give custody to a custodial parent, this is not always in the child's best interest. Whether you are the custodial, or non-custodial parent, we can help represent you in a custody modification hearing. Courts will consider the distance of the intended parent from the child's current location, whether full responsibility is possible by the intended parent, as well as the child's wishes. As your child custody modification attorney in Vancouver, WA, we'll work hard to get you the custodial rights you deserve.
When you want an experienced child custody modification attorney in Vancouver, WA that fights for you, call (360) 993-0389 or contact Robert Vukanovich Attorney at Law today.
Also representing individuals for: